Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Application of TPFLASSTT

POETRY NOTES

  • Before reading a poem for the first time, take the time to scan it for unfamiliar or unknown words.
  • One important thing to do after reading a poem a few times is to write down your immediate reaction to the piece.

Title Analysis: What does the world need now?
  1. Define "world"
  2. Define "need"
  3. Identify/discuss "now (immediate) needs" vs. regular needs
  4. What does the world need?
  5. What does the world need now?

Fill out the TPFLASSTT for the following poem, entitled: What does the world need now?

What does the world need now?

This endless dirge of pain and loss,
My leaden heavy albatross
Who feels my hurt when it’s not theirs?
Was it just Zeus and Sol that cared?

I’ll pray I do, cause if it’s fake
My souls up next for him to take!
If peace would come and live within,
Just maybe I could then begin

To keep these tears locked up inside;
God knows it’s for my life I’ve cried,
Cause I ain’t living like I should!
Please Jesus, Jesus make me good!

I want to, but I just don’t try,
‘Cause I can’t even help small i!
So, HOW MAN!? How can this one man
Change all those hearts and take your plan

From black and white to flesh and bone?
Your servant survey, hewn, and hone.
Make me, God please, a mindless man,
So all I’d know is Your great plan.

Free will, this gift, must I receive?
God take this curse of man and Eve!
I cannot handle your great gift,
So spread me out to bridge the rift!

Please hear me Lord, come heal Your child.
I can’t believe how you once smiled,
When You all knowing loving God
Gave me this life, this mind, so odd.

You sure know best just what to do.
You help me love and learn from you.
I know in all your love you made
A servant blessed, and then you prayed

I’d seek your face and hear your voice
And love would be my only choice,
So guide me, love me, hold me tight.
Just help me, please, shine out Your light.

Charles Edgar Hampton :-) <><
In room 06-29-2005 12:46 AM

No comments: